Wednesday, September 25, 2013

almost a month ago, in texas

For a week over Labor Day, I went to Texas for the first time, hitting up Austin and San Antonio with my dear friend Isabel (my soul sister during college study abroad in Prague). It was an amazing vacation with lots of great food and outdoor activities. Here are some highlights...


Some of my favorite Austin memories include biking and kayaking Lady Bird Lake, making lots of fresh juice and food truck pit stops, breakfasts at the flagship Whole Foods, cooling off in Barton Springs and Deep Eddy's pool, catching Blue Jasmine at the famous Violet Crown theatre, walking around the craziness that is 6th St at night, and eating lots of delicious food at Snack Bar, Foreign Domestic (the best!), and of course Tex-Mex at Maudie's


Some of my favorite San Antonio memories include staying at Isabel's home and meeting her family, seeing the Alamo and Mission San Jose, walking around the Pearl and the River Walk, eating at The Luxury, Boudro's (amazing guacamole and prickly pear margarita!) and Mad Hatter's Teahouse, and having my first breakfast taco! So thankful to have had these experiences while visiting new-to-me parts of the country -- I'm lucky to have Isabel and other friends all around the states who are willing to show me around. 

(All photos via my iPhone 5, edited on VscoCam. For full albums of my trip click here and here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...