Sunday, November 6, 2011

new york black - are you ready for winter?

Brr, has it been c-c-cold this weekend! Now that daylight savings has arrived, we need to just embrace it: it's wintertime, ladies and gents. That means no more thin jackets and bare legs, unless you want to go for the freezing-chic look. Bring on the wool, knit, and thermal leggings! When it comes to my winter staples, I can't get enough sleek cut anythings and black, black, black. I'm a New Yorker, can't help it! Here's what you need to grab ASAP if you want to be a downtown cool kid/ my twin...

A sleek, military wool coat

I'm addicted to the lines of this coat. (Via Victoria's Secret, my sub for this Burberry stunner)

A chunky, knit cowl scarf

The chunkier, the better. Yes, I said it. (Via Etsy)

Minimalistic, leather boots

I would wear this to work every day. (Suede and leather boots via Zara)

Rain/snow boots

Better than duck boots, that's for sure. (Via Hunter)

Roomy, badass bag

Tough enough to take on the worst weather. (City Chic Bag via Anne Taylor)

After you're all done getting dressed, go outside and listen to Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" on your iPhone 4s, and don't make eye contact with anyone. If you still don't feel like an extra from The Matrix, pull on these vintage black Ray Bans for good measure. See ya around the block!

7 comments:

  1. Love this post! :) I have noticed that in big cities near my home-town that over winter the streets are a sea of black and I have just bought some black skirts! It's definitely a cold thing :) I love the bag and the rain boots!

    Love, Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh it is just dipping into the low 70s/high 60s here so I am only just experiencing fall weather now. God knows when it'll ever become winter here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket is so stunning. I definitely need that in my life, or at least something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love that jacket! I definitely subscribe to the black theme in NYC, but I always try to add a pop of color with my scarf lol.

    www.fabulouslythrifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also 100% recommend FLEECE LINED TIGHTS. my grandma ordered some for me on QVC and i have basically been living in them. they're really thick and warm and come without that annoying cable knit look that most thick tights come in. they look like any other pair of black tights, just solid (not opaque) and lined with ever-so-soft FLEECE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sexy wedge rainboots!!!!
    From Hunter?
    You have to use them often
    and let all the people see them!!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sexy wedge rainboots!!!!
    From Hunter?
    You have to use them often
    and let all the people see them!!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...