Saturday, January 2, 2010

ain't no mountains high enough

Resolutions for 2010! Why do I have a feeling that this year is going to be our year? (A new decade sounds so fresh!) Personally, 2009 has taught me to grow thicker skin and inner strength. I've toughened up, so I need to have tougher expectations of myself. Am I alone with this? Let's not get complacent here, chickadees.


Christian and Heidi say, "Be fierce!"

Last year, I made wimpy resolutions (and thus kept them all, quite easily). But never again! Sometimes, the more intimidating the goals, the more inspiring and empowering they can be. Maybe I'm especially emboldened because this year I've crossed off five of my 12 life aspirations recorded from last January. (#'s 4, 5, 6, 8, and 11 if you're curious.) That means five more new aspirations to replace them! Here we go:

1. Run a half-marathon (or other athletic equivalent)
2. Become an expert sewer and tailor my own clothes
3. Make a short film
4. Find passion + volunteer for a great social cause
5. Become a mentor (and mentee)

And some daily resolutions:
*Stop forgetting to take vitamins!
*Weekly yoga (no more excuses)
*Read/write more poetry
*Put more thought into this blog!

Wish me luck! I'm rooting for all of your resolutions too. xo

5 comments:

  1. #2 would be soo useful!! One of my friends sews all of her clothes now and has a sewing machine in her dorm room.

    I've also always wanted to do #4, but I end up convincing myself I don't have time...bad excuse.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, helen! happy, happy new year!:D these are great resolutions:) wish u all the best in 2010!:D

    p.s. love that pic of christian and heidi lol:D

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your resolutions sound great, Helen! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent resolutions! I'm going for a similar athletic one in 2010 too - let us know how you get on :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck! You have great resolutions! I share a few with you (stop forgetting to take vitamins, weekly yoga (no excuses) and To put more thought into my blog!) Thanks for sharing Helen:)

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...