Thursday, February 5, 2009

strange phases

(photo taken my by an old friend, Tishna M.)

I'm usually (annoyingly) chipper, but today was a little harder than average. After work and class, I dragged myself right back to bed and lay there for hours, upset for no specific reason. Upon my ritual of reading useless things, I stumbled across how froi gras (a very French cuisine) is made, and found myself weeping for the poor force-fed ducks. Then (still in bed), I thought about all of my past mistakes and failures, lost friendships, words left unsaid, people I'd never see, etc. And then, I started questioning my usually unwavering self-confidence. I don't know what started this, but I know I can't blame it on the normally bland winter weather.

It was all an unusually sad spectacle. I wonder, do you have off-days and strange, sad phases?

1 comment:

  1. The force feeding doesn't hurt them.

    And in the wild, they actually gorge themselves more than what they are force fed.

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...