Tuesday, December 16, 2008

movie and dessert night



I know it's finals week for a lot of us college students, but lucky me, I'm all done! I took all my finals on Monday (I know, it was an intense day), turned in my Creative Writing portfolio this evening, and am now completely at ease - it's a wonderful feeling :)

I celebrated my newfound freedom with my girlfriends Anuja and Stef by going out for drinks and dessert at Max Brenner, one of NYC's most famous dessert places. We shared some sweet Riesling wine and a delicious fondue set with strawberries, marshmallows, a banana split waffle, chocolate sauce and ice cream, yum! Then we capped off the night with a viewing of When Harry Met Sally - a great classic. It's so nice to finally be rid of all the academic stress and just hang out with the people you love. Speaking of, I'm heading back home to the 'burbs of Philadelphia on Thursday. I can't wait to see my family and childhood friends!


Doesn't this look tasty? Melted chocolate is just heaven.

I'm definitely looking forward to watching lots of movies during my winter break. There are so many great films that are either out or coming out soon. I especially want to see Milk and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Both plots (or at least what I know of them) sound so interesting! What movies are you excited to see?

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and relaxing night...just the perfect classy touch to celebrate the end of finals with =)

    Hope you have an amazing break back home girly!! Keep me posted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, you still have to finish the movie, my little sleepyhead!

    I'm so glad we had our girly post-finals celebration. I miss you already! And I will definitely keep you posted on the suburbian life (oh, that sounds so depressing). Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...