Sunday, January 26, 2014

thank you, body

I don't know if it's just part of the process of getting older, but I am appreciating my body more, noticing the little miracles-- and not just in a superficial appearance-related way. Like... thank you knees, for helping me climb my 4 floor walk-up multiple times a day. And thanks, skin for not getting winter-dry or really needing any lotion. Thanks hair for growing so freaking fast that botched haircuts can quickly fade away. 

I had been praying to see myself the way that God sees me as: His beloved creation and daughter. What's neat is I am seeing the beauty in my body's small abilities, the gestures I usually take for granted. I can walk for miles and carry bags of heavy groceries. I can do 10 push-ups in a row. I can walk gracefully in 5 inch heels. I'm thinking less of how I'd like for it to change (growing those extra 2 inches, losing 5 pounds) and excited for how it will inevitably evolve in the future (creating children, etc). Little miracles, all God's creation. Pretty cool.


(Photo sources 12, 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...