Wednesday, June 13, 2012

currently reading: the history of love


Step 1 to keeping myself creatively accountable -- setting a dedicated reading hour (or two) per week. With a busy work schedule, that's often a big challenge! I'm excited to finally finish the second half of The History of Love, which always amazed me. What a complex character-driven story. Brilliantly told and just... brilliant. Nicole Krauss (also known as Mrs. Jonathan Safran Foer) is unbelievably talented. 


I completely understand why so many friends say this is their favorite book. Skipping the gym tonight (a bit unwise, but oh well) to read some more. You'll be finding me at Think Coffee or The Bean this weekend, finishing this up (instagram from last weekend above!). xo

“Then he almost but didn't say the two sentence he'd been meaning to say for years: part of me is made of glass, and also, I love you.” -- The History of Love

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great book to read - thank you for introducing! And I really enjoy your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful! You should definitely pick it up. And thanks lady!

      Delete
  2. Gah totally adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey gurrrll! Sounds like a good book!
    I'm reading "This Life is In Your Hands" by Melissa Coleman right now and I love it!
    It makes me want to go settle some land and grow food and have babies in a log cabin! Haha :)
    It's nonfiction...not sure if you'd like it or not but at the very lease it's interesting to hear her talk about the way her family lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that is so an MK book! Have you read "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral"? Similar kind of book :)

      Delete
  4. on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...