Monday, April 18, 2011

book love: an object of beauty


I'm almost finished reading Steve Martin's An Object of Beauty, and it's one of my favorites from this year! Steve Martin's writing is not just good, it's freakin' New York Times bestseller fantastic. (On that note, I had no idea Martin was such a Renaissance man. To be a actor-comedian-writer is one thing, but to be successful at all of them is another! I need to read Shop Girl next.).

Learning more about the Manhattan's art world is also super fascinating. I especially love the photos of classic art that perfectly accompany the story. Such a feast for the eyes and mind.

PS: Other books I love here and here :)

2 comments:

  1. Shopgirl was so amazing! Read the book, then watch the movie!! SO GOOD! Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny - I *just* finished "An Object of Beauty"! I think, in the end, I liked "Shopgirl" more and I agree with TheBeautyFile: you must read it and watch the movie. I've been binging on Steve Martin lately. I just re-watched "Shopgirl" and saw him with his bluegrass band. Yep, you can add banjo-playing - one of the best in the world - to his impressive talents!

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...