Sunday, June 13, 2010

cinematic chat

Remember how much I raved about the Tribeca Film Festival back in April? It was one of the best experiences of my life. Well, I just had coffee with my friend Perry, whose job is within film acquisitions -- meaning he goes to film festivals, watches tons of new films, and then helps his company decide if it should try to acquire them. How lucky!



So then I started thinking about all the cool films I was fortunate to see from the TFF: the foreign films and sassy shorts, the never-before-seen U.S. premieres; and I began feeling even more motivated to keep films a constant staple in my life, along with other hobbies like writing and reading. No matter how busy or frazzled I am with life, it's becoming even more important to nurture things that make my life feel even the more satisfying. So, the message behind this self-realizing tangent? Creative outlets are my sanctuary. And I'm so grateful for them. What's your sanctuary?



PS: These photos are from my favorite films at the TFF: Micmacs and Gainsbourg, Je t'Aime... Moi Non Plus. So good! (Micmacs is directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, of Amélie fame, and is out in NYC theaters now!) Both are coincidentally French films with subtitles. Oh, how I love the French!

4 comments:

  1. I would agree that creative outlets are also my place of rejuvenation. That's why I started my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gainsbourg film is great, non?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps i've been looking at your prague blog for tips. the mexican place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Las Adelita! Yes, it's deliiiicious. I can't wait till you visit Prague :)

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...