Saturday, January 10, 2009

form


(photo by haluca)

I love e.e. cummings's works to death, but sometimes, his form can get a little... haphazard. And definitely abstract. Sometimes, it's hard for me to grasp the full meaning that he's trying to convey. His work below looks more like an artful sketch rather than a poem, right?

But tonight, with cummings's "selected poems" book in hand, I flipped to this piece, and it just clicked! I have an intepretation (which you can see in the comments section) and it may not be correct, but at least it's mine. Like I just unfolded a secret, sensual purpose. Happiness!

n w
O
h
S
LoW
h
myGODye
s s

- e.e. cummings

2 comments:

  1. It's like he's in the act of some great pleasure (probably sexual). I read it as "Now. Oh. Slow. Oh. My GOD Yes!" The trick is in locating the "O" to fit many words. Clever, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, thank you. I see it now finally.

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...