Saturday, December 13, 2008

intimacy


divine yet elusive intimacy
how honeysuckle sweet you are
and timid like pity,
shy like spring.

but come forth!
bloom like a secret,
shine true-blue like forget-me-not
over a heart’s meadow
where your seed lies patient yet
in the calm of your silent,
steady contemplation.

intimacy, do not shy
do not pity or elude or hide -
intimacy,
forget me not.

Note: I've been working on my poetry portfolio the past week or so - it's really been a joy to write, even though oftentimes it's very late at night. (I've learned through experience that I think best between the hours of 3 and 4 a.m.) Hope you enjoyed this one I wrote last night while I was in a sappy mood hehe... and I'm back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...