Friday, September 19, 2014

life lately: end of summer reflections - so thankful!

It's already autumn, but I'm still not quite over summer. (Still trying to sneak in some sundress + denim jacket outfits!) It was such a great season for so many reasons, but I'm particularly thankful for the weekend adventures and family visits. Also, living in New York in the summertime is just the most glorious experience ever-- it's my seventh summer this year and I still can't get enough. Will the giddiness ever fade? (I hope not!) Here are a few fun things from July and August...


Andy and Christine's wedding in Brooklyn Botanic Garden. I cried buckets at Ben's best man speech, which was so sweet and genuine. What a wonderful, creative couple and dreamy wedding ceremony. Congrats again Andy and Christine!


Ben and my first trip together to Chicago! We liked Chicago, but loved its food even more; we had some incredible dinners at Publican and a great BYOB Ruxbin-- and we also discovered our new favorite red wine, Menage a Trois. I'm grateful for our little long-weekend adventure, B.


Biking everywhere. Now that I have my own bike, we've been biking almost every weekend.... along the Hudson river to and from the Cloisters (a whopping 26 miles!), along the beach and woods in Sandy Hook, and of course, out and about in Manhattan.


First rooftop urban garden experience at Brooklyn Grange! My mom and sister came to visit, and we had a great time exploring the urban farm, with its chicken coops, countless veggies, and the best heirloom tomatoes I've ever tasted.

And of course... summer's shining moments are often the little ones, just being outside, having a great drink, and enjoying life's simple joys. I'm already looking forward to next year :) What's your favorite summertime memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...