Thursday, July 24, 2014

Warby Parker's new Beacon collection + Q&A

Recently, one of my favorite brands Warby Parker reached out to share the launch of their new Beacon Collection, a limited edition collection of four new frames in different colors, fitted for both sunglasses and glasses. I've been a fan of Warby Parker for awhile and wear the Cranes in 'Sugar Maple' for reading before bedtime. I love how this collection has a unique point of view, evoking a very specific urban, joie de vivre lifestyle. And the frames look so fun and hip -- I like the oversized Nancy the best, especially the yellow frame. You can see the whole collection here.


Brian Magida, Director of Digital Marketing for Warby Parker was kind enough to answer a few of my questions regarding the new collection and working at the start-up. Thanks Brian!

Q: What was the inspiration behind the Beacon collection? I love the lifestyle images!
A: This collection was inspired by impromptu, can’t-duplicate-them all-nighters, when having no plans brings endless possibilities. We designed our newest line of frames to make a similarly fine companion to late night dates, rooftop sunrises, and everything in between.

Q: What's your favorite pair of Warby Parker glasses?
A: In terms of eyeglasses, my favorite pair is currently the Winston in Lunar Fade. It is a classic (we introduced it in our 2nd collection) and I haven't found a replacement since. On the sunglasses side, I currently wear the Lowry in Green Citrine.

Q: What's your favorite part about your job?
A: For me, it is the learning curve. It is super steep and being at a young company, we are still trying to figure everything out. We are encouraged to take calculated risks. I also love the viewpoint we have on retail-- one which isn't rooted in just e-commerce or brick and mortar. We are really focused on blending the two of them together and providing a unified experience for the consumer. That concept is extremely challenging but it makes coming to work every day super fun, exciting and rewarding.

Congrats on the new collection, WP team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...