Tuesday, July 8, 2014

summer highlights... I can't believe it's July already!

Is it just me or is summer passing by way too quickly? I have so many things I want to do this summer, like watch films outdoors, go biking in Governor's island and hiking upstate, the list goes on... but it's also important to remember (and appreciate) the fun things that have already happened this summer. So here are five of my summer highlights from the past two months...


...An amazing July 4th long weekend in New Kent, Virginia with friends. We stayed over at a beautiful river house on the Pamunkey river and spent plenty of time floating in the river, driving a golf cart around farm fields, star gazing, drinking Crabbies ginger beer (my new favorite summer drink), and exploring Colonial Williamsburg. Such a great four days enjoying nature and great people. (Thank you Sarah for hosting!)


...Adventuring in Brooklyn with my mom, sister, and Ben. We spent a full Saturday exploring Smorgasburg (in Williamsburg), Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Botanical Garden, the greenmarket in Park Slope, and bits of Chinatown. My favorite part was devouring pizzas at Julianne's and then ambling across the Brooklyn Bridge.


... Nashville trip to visit Emily in May. I love, LOVE Nashville and how green and lush everything looked. It was so fun to experience both classy Nash and Nash Vegas (honky tonk Broadway, I'm looking at you.) Thanks so much for hosting, Emily.


...Shakespeare in the Park with Ben - my first time! We saw Much Ado About Nothing, which was more hilarious than I expected. So much fun. Watching a play in Central Park while drinking a beer... couldn't ask for a better experience.

...Weekends visiting my family in Philly and friends in neighborhood cities, like D.C. for Anna's masters graduation from GWU. Thank you, amazing parents for cooking up lobster and all my favorites whenever I come home. Thank you Anna, for being one of my oldest and dearest friends.

What are some of the highlights in your summer so far? Remember to take it easy and enjoy life as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...