Sunday, October 13, 2013

creative courage

I've been thinking about how wonderful it is to create something or experience someone else's creation -- a concert, a book, a business. We enjoy the fruits of someone's vulnerability and passion every day. The past couple of years since college I've been in an artistic slump -- I barely write or make music, two of the biggest passions in my life. I wonder why I thought it would be so easy to keep up, when actually creativity takes a ton of courage and intentional planning....


One necessary reminder is to remember that we are worthy of giving ourselves joy. Sometimes I fall into the trap of not pursuing something if it's not going to have some kind of measurable, immediate impact in my life. But I'm learning that expressing myself creatively and taking pleasure in that is such a blessing and worth being courageous for. 

(Photos via 12, 3, 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...