Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the soho house

Is it possible to have a crush on a building? Psssh, I'm not going to second-guess my emotions. It is possible, it has to be. Because I'm absolutely smitten (read: borderline obsessed) with the Soho House in the Manhattan! It all started when I was invited to be part of a focus group for a company who shall not be named...



Well, that was yesterday morning, and I totally missed it. (I feel like a jerk.) Guiltily, I glanced back at the email invite, and the location sounded so familiar and posh, like I should know this place even though I've never visited! Five minutes later, input "Soho House" in Google and lots of ooohs and aaahs ensued. And then some "Oh nooo! Oh man!" I'm still feeling the pangs of regret as I type.


You see, the Soho House is aesthetically stunning, not to mention very exclusive. It's a private members-only club and hotel in the Meatpacking District that's so hip, it even made an appearance in an episode of Sex and the City. (Samantha wanted to become a member, go figure.) Only the fashionable elite hobnob in the Soho House's cowshed spa room, private screening room, games room, private dining room, library, and bar. And with only 24 unique, luxurious bedrooms between them, members feel more like family than guests at a hotel.



The best part about the Soho House, in my opinion, is its fully decked out roof with heated pool, bar, kitchen, and lounge. How indulgent would it be to polish off an oyster cocktail platter and glass of red wine, dip into a steamy pool overlooking the stars, say goodnight to Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, Kelly Ripa, and other celeb friends, and finally cuddle up in a toasty bed with lots of pillows?


Amazing -- that's how it would feel. Le sigh.

11 comments:

  1. this is lovely. absolutely crush-worthy!

    xoxo,
    andyquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I could stay there! The rooms look amaaaazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, by these picture, the place looks amazing! I understand your crush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, there is one in London too that looks just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this are quite the gorgeous pics. BUMMMER about missing it!

    Wanderlusting Fool

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know were to go on your next vacation! It's too beautiful to never see in person. Agree?
    -Missy May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I totally remember that S&TC episode! It looks amazing. Bummer that you missed out. I guess you'll just have to jack someone else's membership card in the bathroom! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeez, it is just really really lovely. I want to live there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so classy and so lovely. It would be the ultimate evening. The interior is so simple and yet so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Do share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...